- October 5, 2014
- Broncos v. CardinalsStarts: 2:05 pmEnds: October 5, 2014 - 2:05 pmLocation: Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Bryant Street, Denver, CO, United States
- October 6, 2014
- Troop Meeting & Merit BadgeStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: October 6, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Arvada Church of Christ
- October 9, 2014
- PLCStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: October 9, 2014 - 8:30 pm
- October 10, 2014
- Gateway CamporeeStarts: 12:00 amEnds: October 13, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: Jackson Lake State Park, Orchard, CO, United States
Why is YPT (article link) so important? Because a safe environment is best achieved when everyone is trained and fully aware, whether explicitly required or not. Troop 21 and BSA take this seriously and so should you.
Training can be done quickly online; go to myscouting.org and log-in or create an account. Upon completion, give a copy of your YPT certificate to the Troop 21 Training Coordinator: Marla Gordon.
The results from the 2010 Baylor University study, Eagle Scouts – Merit Beyond the Badge, conducted by the university’s Program for Pro-Social Behavior under a grant from the John Templeton Foundation.
Spending just one week exposed only to natural light while camping in the Rocky Mountains was enough to synch the circadian clocks of eight people participating in a University of Colorado Boulder study with the timing of sunrise and sunset.
Read more here: Circadian Synch Study
Use the link at the bottom of the right hand column of the home page to subscribe to this website. This will allow you to receive changes in content when they happen. Under RSS links, select All Posts. Then you will be able to choose how to receive the updates – in an email or linked to a Google or Yahoo web page.
Here is the handout from the April 3rd Gateway District Eagle’s Nest, for those who didn’t receive a copy.
Committee ChairRead all Committee Chair posts
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38948017-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
The new requirements focus more on teaching Scouts correct stroke mechanics while continuing to emphasize basic water skills. Previous requirements like snorkeling, competitive swimming and CPR (which Scouts learn more fully in other merit badges anyway) have been removed.
With the new requirements, the goal is to teach Scouts to swim with greater ease and efficiency, as well as keep them safe in and around the water.
The cost is $10 per scout and adult participation is welcome. Welding merit badge requirements.
Crime Prevention and Safety – Sept 27, 9-11:30am or 1-4pm
Emergency Preparedness – Oct 18, 9am-Noon or 2pm-5pm
Crime Prevention – Oct 22, 5:30pm-8pm
* Taught by first responders, you will earn your merit badge by engaging with 17 interactive sections throughout the CELL exhibit
* Visit www.thecell.org/events/bsa to register
* Recommended for ages 14 & up
* For any questions, please call 303-844-4000 ext.11